Tuesday, August 19, 2014

50th Post Reflection

It's amazing how time flies, even in the blogging world.  It's been just shy of two years since I started this blogging journey.  Here are some things I've learned along the way.
  1. Home is OK too.  After having years of wanderlust, and being moved around like a rag doll, it has been nice to settle in one apartment for two and a half years. 
  2. Persevere in Writing.  There is a rumor that when a blog hits 50 posts, it is seen as reliable and traffic increase.  Several blogs have noticed an increase when hitting the 50th post mark.  I'll tell you what, I think it's true.  It can be very difficult to put in that much effort on blind faith, but it is worth it. 
  3. Minimalism is still king.  My house is kept neater, my head is less clogged, even my desk at work is more organized. 
  4. I need Minimalism.  I've discovered that I get very tense and unhappy around clutter, or people who love dwelling in clutter.  Stuff literally stresses me out.  
  5. I can't live with non-minimalists.  I wrote an article, How to Live with Non-Minimalists, but it is aimed more at those unfortunate souls who are already stuck with non-minimalists.  As for myself, I honestly doesn't think i could marry someone with differing values in this category. Clutter literally affects my mood and emotional health.
  6. Writing is what I want to do forever.  I have discovered that it is my gift and calling, something that brings me immense joy, and something I could see myself doing everyday for the rest of my life.  It has been a great joy to see my writing have an affect on people.  I self-published two short stories this year, The Recluse, and Into Her Chambers, which has been an extremely rewarding experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment